Sunday, April 5, 2009

This quote was in my head this morning when I woke up. It's a favorite. It doesn't need any explaining but it speaks to me about my passion for photography... It's been my passion my whole life but I tried a few other routes in life. It never felt right. Those 'desk jobs'... oh so tedious and taxing on the soul!... So I followed my calling. It hasn't always been the 'easy way' but I couldn't have any other way...

"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out
in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom
of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." - Jack London

1 comment:

  1. We who have enjoyed your work are all the richer for you following your passion!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete