Friday, May 1, 2009

A Skyline Changed Forever...



The towers were my compass. Anyone who was in New York City prior to their fall used those towers as a compass. I was fascinated by them. I loved photographing them. I was living in Manhattan on 9/11. I lived in the West Village at Perry and Hudson, a main avenue that only 20 blocks away ended right at the towers. The weeks, and months, that followed 9/11 can only be described as surreal. I had previously been considering moving back to my hometown in California, but surprisingly, after 9/11 the communities in Manhattan really pulled together. All of the sudden people connected in ways they had not done so previously. We were all in it together. The skyline, the city and the people were changed forever...

1 comment:

  1. very well put...
    i love your pix of the twin towers.. they are so beautiful. makes me miss ny and them so much.
    lp

    ReplyDelete